As everyone suddenly had to adapt to changing societal and business norms this March, Suited for Success / Dress for Success Miami was adapting as well. Here are some ways we have continued meeting the needs of our community during this time.
- We launched our first virtual training workshops in May, and in just a few short months have held 24 workshops, totaling nearly 200 attendees. In addition to adapting our employment skills training and Vets for Success programs, we have also held special webinars with our partners at Deloitte Tax, Ulta, and TD Bank. We will continue offering workshops and special webinars through at least the end of the year.
- Through our Dress for Success Miami women’s program, we were able to offer additional virtual workshops with national experts on professional and personal topics.
- Our office reopened with limited staff and volunteers in September, and most of our staff continues to work remotely.
- Our suiting program resumed in September, with added precautions and processes. This includes spacing out appointments, screening clients before entering the office, and sanitizing between clients. While many may not yet be comfortable with a physical suiting, we have seen over a dozen clients so far, including several who have gotten the job and returned for employment suitings.
- Our Virtual Career Center was created to pair clients with experienced volunteers for one-on-one support with resumes, cover letters, and individualized career development and interview training.
- We joined with Catalyst Miami and other community partners this summer to distribute care packages of hand sanitizer and face masks to the Overtown community.
We continue to work closely with our community partners and searching out ways to meet community needs during this difficult time. Stay up to date with our programs and other news on Facebook and Instagram. Stay safe, and we hope to see you again soon.